Friday, March 30, 2007

Thoughts From Grandma

My mom sent me this email and I wanted to share it with all of you; just a glimpse into our hearts..........

I have learned through the years that God answers prayer. Not always when we want but in His perfect timing. He listens to our pleas and desires of our heart, considers the best for us and answers in a pure and sovereign way. He is so faithful and loving.

Children are a very precious commodity to me. A blank slate on which to instill the things of God. His love for them, His character to display before them and teaching them to trust Him. At the same time it is extremely frightening to think that we are all examples to these fresh minds. It makes me pause and think of my behavior and the words I speak in their presence.

Many times I prayed that the Lord would instill in the hearts of my children the same love and appreciation that I have for these little ones. And God has blessed me with the answer of “yes”. To leave a legacy for the next generation is an incredible thing.

Today our family will grow by two more grandchildren. Angie and her husband Jeremy have opened their home to two precious little ones that need to be loved. Even if this is just a temporary situation it is an opportunity to make a mark on the hearts of these children. If just for a week or two they can experience a loving family that serves the Lord I pray it will leave a mark on their heart and give them a deep desire for more of Christ and His perfect love. May they one day see the sovereign grace of God on their lives. He has placed them in this home for a reason. God must know that this is the home these children need.

I pray for Angie and Jeremy daily, as I do for all three of my children. The words of the song “Everything To Me” express my prayer so clearly.

I want to tell the world I found A love that turned my life aroundThey need to know that they can taste and seeNow everyday I'm praying Just to give my heart awayI want to live for JesusSo that someone else might see that he is...Everything to meHe's more than a storymore than words on a page of historyHe's the air that I breathThe water I thirst forAnd the ground beneath my feetHe's everything

I pray that in the lives of my children, their children will see that Christ is everything.

~Cindy McKay

0 comments: