Friday, March 9, 2007

Paradise For Mommies

I am currently sitting at a table with Andrea, watching the kids play at the local Playroom. This is the closest thing to paradise for mommies that I have discovered. For $18 dollars we can stay and play for the entire day. It's this huge playroom, for lack of a better word. There are inflatables that the kids jump in and slide down (the kind I remember seeing on American Gladiators when I was a kid), kind of like inflatable obstacle courses. Then they have playground equipment and dress up stuff, a craft room and tons of toys. The kids play all day and wear themselves out just in time for dinner, bath, and bedtime! They have laptops that the moms can use, and there is a seperate lounging are that includes of all things a massage chair! The whole time you can watch the kids from a distance, or get up close and personal for some one on one mommy playtime. It gives me a chance to get a breather, and the kids to get some playtime outside of the house. We don't come too often, but we try to once a month. Yesterday we spent the day, just us girls, in DC. We had a great time! The girls and I tried unsuccessfully to get Aunt Andrea to hold this huge walking stick insect at the Natural History Museum. I held it, but that still didn't convince her to do it. I'll try to remember to post a picture later tonight when I get home. We got some really good ones yesterday. My favorite parts were riding the Metro (subway), icecream, dinner at Johnny Rocket's, "pretend shopping" in Union Station, and all us girls giggling and having fun together. Actually, that was pretty much everything, so I guess it was a pretty great day! Love you all and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed me with these.

0 comments: