Monday, March 19, 2007

Foster Care Decision

Good morning to all! Hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed your St. Patrick's Day. I meant to get a post done this weekend but the time got away from me. The newsletter is done except for an article Jeremy is writing. Everytime I write something, then something new happens and I have to change it! John is feeling some better. I think the antibiotics are finally kicking in. I'm going to call today and make an appointment for him with his ear, nose, and throat dr to schedule his surgery. As I promised there is new info about the adoption/foster care situation. Late last week, we called our county DSS office and discovered that if we wanted to do fostercare through DSS that we could not stay with the private agency that we have been with since early last year. That was not the news we had expected, but after lots of discussion and prayer we have decided that that is best. For our family we need to be able to foster younger children, which we cannot do with the private agency. This does mean that the adoption will happen through a different avenue. Since we are foster parents, when we get a placement and if that child's parental rights are terminated, then we will have first chance to adopt them if we choose. Now this process takes time, like everything else, but we will be able to at least have the child(ren) in our home during the process. Since all our training and our homestudy transfer over to the new agency, we will probably have a placement within the month! When we spoke with our county's DSS, they are in need of couples to take younger children, and we know this is where God has led us, where we can be used for His glory. As I write this I'm fighting tears, because doing foster care has been a dream of mine for years. God has blessed me with such a great husband that I can share this vision with! Love you all, and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed us with these.

0 comments: