Monday, March 12, 2007

Goodbyes, Foster Care, and the Dentist

Hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was bittersweet. I dropped Andrea off at the airport Saturday afternoon. I did manage not to cry this time till I drove away! Though getting home was an adventure for her (lost baggage, redirected flights, etc.), she is now home safely. Last week seemed to fly by, and I couldn't believe it was time to send her home so soon! We all will miss her something terrible, especially me! Growing up, I was always so much closer to Andrew. I think, because of our ages. Now that we're both older, I've truly begun to realize what a blessing it is to have a sister, and the bond that exists there. Andrea, I hope you know how proud I am of you! Also, after much thought and discussion, Jeremy and I have officially opened our doors for foster care placements. Because of the type of training we have received we are considered specialized therapeutic foster parents. This limits the children we can be referred, and we probably will end up contacting DSS and getting involved in regular foster care. I will be sure and keep you updated. I have not gotten the newsletter printed and copied to mail out. I am planning on getting that done this week, now that things are slowing down a bit. Surprisingly, I didn't find the time to do that while Andrea was here! :) The kids all had cleanings this morning at the dentist. No cavities! It looks like Caitlyn will have to get another tooth pulled soon. I'm praying that it will fall out on its own, but it's not looking like it will. Today was John's first encounter with the dentist, but he did pretty well, after he stopped screaming! Well, Jeremy's off work today so I'm going to go enjoy some time with my husband. Love you all and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed me with these.

0 comments: