Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Letting Go

Today's the big day. Dawn is moving. As much as I've struggled with this whole situation, I am finally learning to let go and leave it God's hands. This morning as I drove her to school, she said, "Momma, when God comes in your heart he never leaves right?" That one statement comforted me, and let me know that we had left a mark on her little heart. That we had taught her the important things. Even as I cried after I dropped her off, I felt a peace that I hadn't yet felt, like God reached right down, and said everything's going to be alright. Though we will still see her, today marks the end of her stay with us, and the end of my role as her mommy. And though we don't know what God's plan is for her, God knows. Habakkuk 2:3 says, "For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak......"

0 comments: