Thursday, October 11, 2007

John David Turns Three!



John David turns three today!!! I can't believe it, but we all know that time flies. He is really turning into a little man. In fact, the other night he didn't want us to tuck him into bed! He wanted to got to bed by himself. I know it's a good thing for him to be independent, but it's breaking his momma's heart! We had our friends Candy and Mark over for a birthday dinner the other night. All John has been asking for for his birthday was a Spiderman cake. I thought, well sure I can do that. Let's just say that I have not inherited the cake decorating genes from my parents! I try, but it just never turns out quite right. This time the whole top layer of the cake broke in half. I tried to "glue" it back together with icing, but I had made buttercream frosting instead of my mom's recipe (I should have known). Everything just kind of started sliding! It was horrible. I eventually got it iced, and I drew a spider web, and a big old spider on the top of it. Then I quickly threw it in the freezer, so at least the frosting would set, and it would stop sliding. By this time though, the entire cake was lopsided! I pulled the cake out shortly before dinner, and John David made my day. With excitement in his eyes, he said, "You made me a Spiderman cake?!" He then did a little victory dance around the kitchen, while I blinked back tears. Even as I cut the cake and it crumbled on the plates, John was so excited that I couldn't help but be a little proud of my Spiderman cake.:) Love you all, and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed us with these.

0 comments: