Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Frog Incident

Well, Dawn's first day at preschool went very well. I think she really had a good time. John has been dealing with some congestion and allergy yuckiness for about 5 days. He seems to be a little worse this morning. I wanted to post the frog story. It happened at the Foster Family Picnic, but I forgot to post it when I posted all the pictures from the picnic. The picnic was at a local park that has a lot of wooded area. Jeremy decided to take Kylie and John on a walk in the woods. They came back just as we were all about to eat, each with a small frog in their hands. The frogs were very small, and as we sat down to eat, Kylie decided to hold onto hers and we put John's in a cup. The kids sat at the picnic table next to us with another foster family. We're all enjoying our meal when I hear screaming coming from their table. I knew immediately what had happened! I look over to see the kids all scrambling after something. Then I saw it! John's frog had escaped and was jumping from plate to plate! Kylie, while still holding her frog in her hand, was the one who finally caught the frog, right in Caitlyn's food! It was a classic "little boy brings frog to the dinner table" fiasco. It was priceless, and had all of us laughing hysterically. The best part was the look of panic on John's face!:) We have lots of birthdays coming up in our family. My brother, Andrew, turns 26 on the 29th, Jeremy turns 30 on the 31st, my mom turns 49 on November 9th, and my niece, Haley, turns 3 on November 18th. Caitlyn also has her violin recital coming up on the 28th. Love you all, and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed us with these.

0 comments: