Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"Didabetes"

The last few days, Kylie has mispronounced a couple words that have given us all some great laughs. On Monday, I went to the endocrinologist's office for a checkup for my diabetes. As we're waiting for Dr. Castelucci to come in the exam room (John David calls him Dr. "Castewoochi"), Kylie said that we were at the "didabetes"doctor. Caitlyn and I started laughing, but Kylie couldn't figure out what was so funny. I tried to get her to say it correctly, but for some reason she has trouble pronouncing "diabetes".

Then at dinner, Kylie was telling us how the female caterpillar lays the eggs, and they hatch......etc, etc. Caitlyn just recently taught her that a boy is a male, and a girl is a female. Except everytime she meant to say female, she would say "email". So she's going on and on about the "email" caterpillars! Jeremy and I were laughing so hard. Kylie has a little trouble starting words with the "f" sound. So, "fingers" becomes "thingers" and so on. Apparently it was just easier for her to say "email"! I love how God always fills our home with laughter!

The ultrasound went very well yesterday. I'm hoping to get a couple of the new pictures scanned in tonight, so I'll post them tomorrow along with an update on my health, and what the doctors are saying. Luke still wasn't really cooperating with the ultrasound technician, but she managed to get the pictures she needed....but barely. Apparently, he likes to face toward my back, and even though he moves during most of the ultrasound, he never turns around so they can get a good picture of his face, or the pictures they needed of his heart. After some coaxing yesterday, and me changing positions, we finally got the pictures they needed really quick before he moved back. Anyway, I'll post the pics tomorrow. Love you all, and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed us with another little miracle!

0 comments: