Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Thyroid Files

Hope all of you had a great Memorial day weekend! If you haven't already, be sure to check out our new family pictures (to the right), and the video of Caitlyn and her violin that I posted a few days back. I went to the endocrinologist yesterday, and didn't really get any answers but was educated about my thyroid. They are doing a bunch of blood tests that I hope to have back the end of this week, and of course I will update as I get new information. They think I may have Hashimoto Disease, which is an auto immune thyroid disease. My thyroid is enlarged, but they think that it is a mild case, and should not require surgery, but will require some medication adjustments. the endocrinologists also thinks that I have some hormonal imbalance issues other than my thyroid and is testing my pituitary gland as well. Depending on what they find I will probably have to go back to my ob/gyn to let him handle those issues. It looks like it is a combination of some issues, and hopefully with some medicine we can get my body functioning correctly. My Grandma Thomas has not been feeling well, and has an appt coming up next week. please pray that she will gain some strength and some weight back. Love you all, and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed us with these.

0 comments: