Thursday, May 3, 2007

Our Trip To Walmart

Well, the potty training is going pretty well. At home he has almost no accidents, but he has yet to make it to the potty in public. For that reason, I put him in a pullup today when we went to Walmart. We're almost done grocery shopping, and John David starts holding himself and screaming at the top of his lungs, "My pee-pee is cold!" Of course, Corey starts holding himself and yelling too, because he does and says everything that John David does. We are several aisles away from the nearest restroom, and so I start booking it for the potty. As all six of us are running to the potty (all the while with John David still screaming bloody murder and people are staring at us wondering where the fire is), I remembered that I had bought the new pullups that get cold if you pee in them. They're supposed to help the kids realize that they need to go and stop till they get to the potty. Well, this was the first time that John David had had one on, so of course it scared him to death. When I finally got to where I could take the pullup off, the first thing he said was, "That feels better, mommy!" Lesson learned! We're taking the kids to Busch Gardens for the afternoon tomorrow, so I'm thinking we'll probably put him in pullups for the outing. Hopefully, it won't set him off screaming again! I am very proud of him though, and I'm glad that he's really trying. I'm really hoping to get our family pictures taken this month. It's what I asked for for Mother's Day! If we do, i'll get them to everyone ASAP. Well, I'm off to enjoy some peace and quiet during what's left of nap time. Love you all, and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed us with these.

0 comments: