Monday, April 30, 2007

VBS Overload




Okay, I know I signed on last year for this VBS director position, but now I'm remembering all the stress that goes along with it! I'm not complaining, I just have been spending so much time and effort on getting things in place for our church's Vacation Bible School. Last year it was in August, but they've scheduled it for June this year. That put a crimp in my time line, but everything will work out. I just have to get things done quicker! :) Hope you enjoy the pictures. The top one is the picture we found when we went into check on John David one night. He fell asleep like that! Well, this weekend was pretty busy. The wedding was on Saturday, and all went well. I wish I could share their whole story with you. They were getting remarried to each other after divorcing each other, and it was probably the most emotional wedding I've ever sang at. It was an absolute miracle that God worked in their lives! It was beautiful, and the kids did great at the sit down reception. Sunday was Caitlyn's end of the year drama show. She did very well, but wasn't as excited about it as I thought she would be, just further proof that she has gotten bored with the drama classes. This morning Dawn and Corey had a family visit at social services. It did not go well. Some of the family members ended up in an argument with the social worker. Please pray. I'm not really even sure what to ask you to pray for. When we're at home just hanging out, it's easy to pretend that none of this mess is in our lives, but the reality is that this is part of the deal. The kids are all doing great, and that in itself is a blessing. All it takes is one look at the kids all together to know that we are doing the right thing. It feels good to be in God's will. Because of my own choices, I haven't always been able to say that, but it feels good. Oh yeah, I have to tell you all about some of the funny stuff Caitlyn has done the past few days. I couldn't make stuff up this funny if I tried!! First, Wednesday night at the rehearsal dinner for the wedding, she sat with some friends of ours who have a son (4 yr.) and a daughter (5 yr.). They are very close friends with our kids, and somehow the discussion turned to who they were going to marry. To make a long story short, after their son revealed that he thought he was going to marry his sister, Caitlyn announced very loudly (in a disgusted tone), "That's against the law! That's not right!" That of course got a lot of laughs from the adults! Then the very next day, Dawn and Caitlyn were coloring at the table, and Caitlyn was lecturing Dawn on the effects of alcohol on your body. She read a poster at the social service office, and now thinks she's an expert. Dawn said her grandma drinks beer, and Caitlyn asked her if her parents drank alcohol, because "if you drink alcohol when you're pregnant it can kill your baby." I didn't hear Dawn's response, but it must have been yes, because next I heard Caitlyn say, "Are you going to be messed up in the head when you get older? Because if your mommy drank alcohol, it could make you messed up in the head!" Leave it to Caitlyn! Then lastly, Nanny sent the kids a box (Thank you!) with a really cute stuffed lamb. It's a character from a DVD story she sent them. Caitlyn really likes it. The other night, I was checking on the girls, because they were supposed to be sleeping, but there were noises coming from their bedroom. I opened the door, and hanging from the ceiling fan by a jump rope was the poor lamb. There was a noose tied around his neck!! I had to leave the room and let Jeremy deal with it, because I couldn't stop laughing! Caitlyn didn't realize that it looked like the lamb had committed suicide. After Jeremy explained to her that it wasn't appropriate to hang things by their necks, let alone tie something to the ceiling fan with her jump rope, he sent her back to bed and had a good laugh himself! :) The things they do! There's never a dull moment around here! Love you all, and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed us with these!

0 comments: