Wednesday, April 18, 2007

We're Back!

Thanks to my "oh so smart" husband, our computer is up and running. In the process, we lost a few files (several folders full of pictures), but I have grieved and moved on. :) At least we didn't have to buy a new computer! Well, this last week has been a very busy and adventurous one. Saturday morning John David slipped in the kitchen and busted his head open. The way the wound looked I knew he would probably need stitches. We sat at the ER for at least three hours and then without any pain medicine they stuck three staples in the back of his head! That was an experience. Next time someone comes at him with a stapler and says, "Hold him down", I'm going to say, "You're on your own!" Hopefully there will not be a next time though! We have to take him to get the staples removed next week. He had a checkup with his ENT doctor today, and there is no more fluid in his ears. Unless his ears get infected again, it looks like he may be able to get by without surgery. Dawn and Corey had their first visit with their family today. It went well, although Dawn was a bit weepy this afternoon. That's to be expected though. Corey doesn't seem fazed by the visit at all, which I don't know if that's good or bad. Well, I need to go feed the trooops! I'll post pictures tomorrow and also share some info about some thyroid issues I'm having. Love you all, and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed us with these!

0 comments: