Thursday, April 19, 2007

Violin Lessons, Tae Kwon Do, and My Thyroid

To the right, I added a new slideshow of new pictures of the kids. Enjoy! Today was a pretty busy day, but this whole week has been busy. Hopefully next week will be a little better. Dawn and Corey have checkups with the pediatrician tomorrow, but other than that it should be a pretty easy day. Jeremy's off and the weather is supposed to be great. Maybe a picnic at the park for lunch or dinner? I think that sounds good. Saturday we are taking all the kids to Busch Gardens! Dupont gave all the employees at Jeremy's plant tickets, and are serving a catered lunch there as well. It should be fun. We are going with another couple that have kids, a co-worker of Jeremy and his family. I'm hoping to get at least one chance to ride a rollercoaster! I haven't ridden one since before I was pregnant with Caitlyn! The weather is supposed to be beautiful all weekend, so we're looking forward to it. Caitlyn is scheduled to start violin lessons May 18th. She is very excited, and I've already stocked up on Ibuprofen, and ear plugs! Kylie and Dawn are going to start Tae Kwon Do in May as well, so that should be fun for them. As long as they don't come home and karate chop the furniture, I'm all for something to teach them focus, determination, responsibility, and perserverance. I know that Jeremy will enjoy practicing with the girls. He did martial arts for many years when he was younger. Please keep Jeremy in your prayers. He's been a little under the weather lately. He went to the doctor yesterday and got some medicine, so I'm hoping he'll feel better soon. We need him at top speed! :) As I mentioned yesterday, I've been having some difficulty with my thyroid. Last year, as I have written in the newsletter before, we discovered that I have an underactive thyroid. This explained many symptoms I had been having, including my trouble getting John David's baby weight off. It's hard sometimes though to distinguish between being tired and worn out from the kids and being tired and not feeling well due to my thyroid. Initially after I started the medicine, my thyroid responded well. The beginning of this year, however, my tests results started taking a strange turn and my doctor was mystified as to why my thyroid all the sudden was getting worse. I just received my latest test results, and it looks like my thyroid levels are going in the right direction again, but after several medication increases, it still is not responding like my doctor would like. They have increased my dosage again, and in eight weeks they are running a battery of blood tests to try and get a better handle on what is going on. If those tests do not come back well, they are going to send me to an endocrinologist for further testing. Like we didn't know my hormones were messed up anyway! Right? Please pray that we will be able to solve the thyroid mystery, and get me back on the road to being healthy. I am determined not to let my lack of energy, or not feeling well to get in the way of living my life. I have too much laundry to do!!:) Love you all, and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed us with these.

0 comments: