Thursday, February 21, 2008

Our Goodbye to Corey

This week has been full of lasts with Corey. I've been thinking about all the firsts we had with him over the past year, how much he's changed, and grown. I look at pictures of him last March, and he looks like a baby, but then again he really was. Corey leaves this morning, in about and hour and a half actually. I'm doing pretty good so far, but who knows what it will be like to watch that car pull away. Right now, the kids need to see a happy face. Corey and John are still a little confused. John has already cried a little this morning. He doesn't really like the thought of sleeping in his bedroom by himself. Corey asked me yesterday why his clothes were at his grandma's, and he keeps asking me if it's forever. I know he doesn't really understand what "forever" means, but he knows that it means a long time. Please pray for us. I know that God will be faithful to get us through the next few days. We've got some fun family stuff planned over the next couple weeks, and I think that spending some time together as a family will help us heal. Love you all, and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed us with these.

2 comments:

The Robinsons said...

We are praying for y'all. Let us know if you need anything!

Jennifer Warriner said...

Angie,
I can't hardly look at this picture without crying and I know that it must be hard for you all. I miss Dawn and I know I am going to miss Corey too! Stay strong and know that your friends are here for you! We love you all!