Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Final Say on Corey


I found this recent picture of the boys and thought it was funny. I haven't said much recently about the "Corey" situation, frankly because I wasn't sure what to say. We haven't really had any answers as to what the plan is for Corey. The case has been a true roller coaster of a case. That was until yesterday. Social Services has decided to return Corey and Dawn to their grandmother. Corey will be leaving on March 14th. Jeremy and I have been preparing ourselves and Caitlyn for this possibility, but Kylie, John, and Corey don't know yet. At their ages, it's hard to tell them anything too far in advance. Corey loves his grandmother, and enjoys being with her, but this will still be very traumatic for him. He's been with us for so long, and he thinks that I'm his mother. I'm sure some of you are thinking, "I told you so." I know that some told us that we were setting ourselves up for heart break, but I'm trying really hard right now to see the good that came from this past year. I'm praying hard for peace from God, and comfort for the children. I know we will come out of this closer and tighter as a family. One lesson I've learned over the past year: God has blessed me with a beautiful family, and I don't take it for granted. Our children are these amazing masterpieces that we mold everyday. God's timing is always perfect, and I don't think it a coincidence that we are expecting a new baby. I think maybe this was God's plan to help comfort us in this loss. I'm thankful that Jeremy and I were able to leave our mark on Dawn and Corey, and I guarantee you we have. Like we said in the beginning, we'll treasure the time we have. That time is now nearly done. I have to admit that with all the emotions that I'm feeling right now, it's hard to feel good about the situation. I just keep trying to remember what I said back in March, "This is bigger than me." My heart is broken, but God has always been faithful to heal. I'm counting on His faithfulness.

1 comments:

Cindy said...

Ang and Jeremy,
You are right, God is faithful and He will be faithful to Dawn and Corey as well. He will be their father and never leave their side. Don't forget about the mark they have left on you as well. They are precious in His sight!