Friday, August 17, 2007

The Storm

I just had to share my experience last night. I had scheduled a "mommy night out" with a friend for dinner. Shortly after we left, it started to look like it was going to storm. And it did! It stormed so bad that Olive Garden (where we were eating) lost electricity, and we had to eat in the dark! We did get free desert out of it though. Then trying to get home, we couldn't hardly see it was raining so bad, and the lightning was almost constant. We did a whole lot of praying! My friend Julie and I had a great time though. We weren't about to let a storm ruin our night! Dawn and Corey's visit went well today. Since they returned though, Corey has been a mess. He's just acting out alot, and being hard to deal with. Please pray that this doesn't happen every time. Also, I forgot to mention yesterday about our hamster. When we got the house fumigated last week, we had to put Jack (the hamster) out on the back deck so that he didn't get killed by the chemicals. It happened to be an extremely hot day, and he died of heat stroke, I'm assuming. I felt really bad, and the girls were of course upset. Surprisingly though, they did not insist on a funeral like they did when Scooby died. We told them we would buy a new hamster in a couple weeks, and Caitlyn piped up wanting to know if we could get a chinchilla instead! Kylie then wanted to know how long a chinchilla lived, because she wanted something that lived longer. :) Somehow I doubt we will be buying a chinchilla, although they do sell them at PetSmart. I'll post pictures from the beach soon! Love you all, and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed us with these.

0 comments: