Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Beach

We are back! We had a great time in Virginia Beach, actually it was Sandbridge, VA. I forgot my camera, but Candy took some pictures, so I'll post them as soon as I get them from her. We didn't spend too much time at the actual beach, but we enjoyed every minute we had. The condo where we stayed with Candy and Mark was absolutely beautiful, and had plenty of room for all of us. We went down to the beach front first thing Saturday morning. The wind was blowing and it wasn't too hot. We thought we were in for a great morning. The waves were pretty rough though, and none of the kids wanted to go with us in the water. They played in the sand, and pulled each other around on the boogie boards. We even saw dolphins! They were surprisingly very close to the shore! That made our day of course. I decided I would go out a little ways and try to ride a couple waves on the boogie board. I didn't even get very far (a little past my knees) and got knocked down by a very forceful wave! It knocked my glasses off (which I had forgotten to take off), and pulled me under. It took awhile to get back to the shore since it kept sucking me back out and hitting me with new waves. After that I was pretty sure that the water was a little too rough to have a nice day at the beach. The lifeguard even came and put up the red flag for "dangerous waters". I thought that he probably should have put that up before I almost drowned!! :) Anyway, we went back to the pool at the condo and spent the rest of the morning there. We had a great time, and even had the pool to ourselves for most of the time we were there. I definitely would love to go back. It was relaxing, and really what we needed. Now for some odds and ends. Corey and Dawn have another visit with their dad today. Please pray for us, as this last week has been rough with them. It looks like it may be like this for awhile. My parents house is almost done, and they are set to move in the week before we go to TN for my high school reunion the late part of September. I am very excited for them, and the house looks great! Yesterday coming back form her violin lesson, Caitlyn and Jeremy had a very deep conversation about who she's going to marry. She was making a list of all the attributes she wants in a husband. Jeremy asked her who chooses who she gets to marry. She said "God". And then said, "He will tell me in my prayers." If that didn't make us proud! She said that she remembered that I told her that a long time ago. I'm so thankful that God has blessed us, and allowed our daughter to retain this crucial information she needs to succeed. I just pray that her desire to do God's will will continue to take root, and that we as parents continue to feed her the spiritual food she needs. Love you all and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed us with these.

0 comments: