Thursday, August 16, 2007

Excited about the weekend!

I can't believe it's been almost a week already! This week has flown by for some reason. Tuesday, Jeremy and I headed off to Busch Gardens, ALONE! We had a great time, and rode roller coasters all day! They have a couple there at Busch Gardens that are pretty darn scary! We really enjoyed just having some time to relax and enjoy each other. Corey has been a little sick this week. He's had a bit of a fever, and a stuffy nose. He's been coughing some, and now Kylie and John have started in. Please pray for me in particular. My hormones have been kind of wacked out lately again, and with everything going on in our lives I need to be emotionally stable. It hasn't been horrible, but it has been a struggle to keep myself from being so weepy. Dawn and Corey have their first visit with their dad in awhile today, and that has me somewhat stressed out. To make matters worse, I will not be at the visit. They are going with their new counselor (who we love), but letting them go is going to be harder than I anticipated. In every way imaginable, I feel like their mother. Pray that God continues to give me the grace to accept the uncertainty of our future. I told my mother this morning that loving them without reservations is difficult, but impossible not to do. She reminded me that this is our ministry, and that every day we are making an impact on their lives, the lives of their family, and the lives of all the social workers, attorneys, and counselors involved. Thank you for all your love and support! I am looking forward to this weekend, as we are heading to the beach! Our friends Candy and Mark are on vacation at a condo in Virginia Beach, and offered to let us stay the night Friday. We are going to spend Saturday on the beach with the kids. I haven't built a sand castle in years. I can't wait! I have great beach memories from my childhood, and I can't wait to help Caitlyn find seashells, and Kylie chase a crab, and John bury Corey in the sand! Maybe Dawn will help me build a sand castle. :) I'll post pictures when we get back. Love you all, and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed us with these.

0 comments: