Sunday, June 15, 2008

Look At That Face!

I know I am behind on the updates........and so much has happened in the last few days. Okay, let's see....Wednesday I saw the specialist and it was not the same doctor that I saw when I was pregnant with Kylie. He said he thought everything was fine, but he also kind of rushed me out of there, and so I still had some concerns. My OB said that he wanted to see the specialist's report, and to set an appt to see him on Tuesday. The plan for now is to do frequent monitoring of the baby and keep a close eye on my placenta function. My blood sugars continued to fall last week, but have seemed to even out for the time being. My blood pressure is holding steady as well. The picture above was taken at the specialist's office. They have a 4D ultrasound machine. Luke had his hands in front of his mouth, so you can see the tips of his fingers. He looks so much like Kylie's 4D pictures! Isn't that cool?! So since I got a good report at the dr, my OB let me go to the condo in Sandbridge to spend a couple days at the beach. The kids, Candy, and I left on Thursday and the guys drove up on Friday. We had a nice relaxing time, and even though the waves were pretty rough, the kids enjoyed searching for seashells in the sand. I forgot my camera, but Candy took some pictures, so hopefully I'll get those from her. Also on Thursday, my brother had another doctor's appt. They had not received all of Andrew's test results yet, but the dr was so impressed with the progress Andrew has made that he thinks there is no cause fro concern. Andrew still is on the blood thinner indefinitely for now. My sister also left Thursday for her yearly pilgrimage to California for the Resolved Conference. She really enjoys this trip, and learns a lot from the speakers. She is due to fly back on Tuesday. On Thursday night, our preacher got hit in the face with a softball during a game. It broke his jaw in two places, and on Friday the dr did surgery and placed two metal plates in his jaw. He may still have to have his jaw wired shut. Please pray for him, as he needs to be able to preach. On Friday, Kylie lost her second tooth. She is such a trooper! Her little smile looks even more precious now. :) We are working on getting the computer fixed, so I will post pictures as soon as I can. Last Sunday night the children's choir sang and the girls id an excellent job. My friend, Jennifer, taped it. If you would like to see the video, it is posted on her blog at Love you all, and thank you to God Almighty from whom all blessings flow!

P.S. I almost forgot! The baby birds flew from the nest early Tuesday. I knew it was going to happen soon as they had been sitting on the edge flapping their wings for the two days prior. They grew faster than I expected, but I am so glad that we were given the opportunity to witness the whole process. It was so neat!


Heather said...

Awesome picture!! That is the first 3D ultrasound pic that I have ever seen. It's almost like cheating!! You get to see them before they get here! Very cool!