Saturday, December 25, 2010

Our Christmas Drama

Well, Christmas didn't turn out exactly as I had hoped, but we have so much to be thankful for! Thursday afternoon my mother-in-law arrived from Wisconsin for the holiday, and we were all so excited, making plans for the next few days to visit Santa at the Bass Pro Shop, drive around and look at Christmas lights, and view the live nativity at the local zoo. As it turned out though, Thursday night I was admitted to the hospital in severe abdominal pain. By the end of the night, the doctors had decided that I needed to have my gall bladder removed, due to several gallstones that had blocked my duct and caused a nasty case of infection. After doses of IV antibiotics, the surgeon took my gallbladder out yesterday (Christmas Eve), and I was thankfully able to get home just in time to open presents mid-morning (on Christmas day) with the kids.

While it wasn't exactly the Christmas I had planned. My mother-in-law has been a HUGE help and a trooper helping take care of the kids and cook most of Christmas dinner by herself. I am so thankful that I was able to make it home Christmas morning to be with my family! I had some sad little children, whose faces lit up with joy at the sight of mommy coming through the door just in time to open presents!

Hope you and your families had a fabulous holiday!!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Mom et al said...

Sending healing thoughts your way. I hope your are feeling better and enjoying time with your family.