As if we didn't have enough going on this week, we decided to try and wean Luke as well. He is a big boy as you all know, and he nurses very frequently which makes it difficult on me. He also has been getting up numerous times a night, and the lack of sleep was taking its toll. Another reason is a trip to Gatlinburg (minus the kids) that Jeremy and I have planned for February. Since Luke has refused to take any bottles or pacifiers, we knew that this was going to be a major undertaking. After speaking to his pediatrician, we decided to go "cold turkey". It did not go well! After 48 hours, LOTS of screaming, and Luke coming to the point of dehydration, the pediatrician and us decided that it was time to give in. The pediatrician even said that he could not believe how stubborn Luke was being! So for now we are back to nursing, but the pediatrician gave us the go ahead to start him on some baby food to try and give me a bit of a break. It was for sure a "mission impossible"!
5 years ago