Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Our Advent Tree


Only 5 days till Christmas! I still can't believe it got her so fast. We leave early tomorrow morning for Tennessee. We're all pretty excited, and the kids of course can't wait till they can open presents. It will be a full house at my parents', but that's the way we like it. There will be lots of card games, movie watching, and of course eating all the great holiday treats my mom makes. We have truly been blessed this year, and I am definitely very thankful this Christmas season. To keep us all reminded of what's important this Christmas, Jeremy and I have been doing nightly devotions with the girls counting down to Christmas. Awhile back my mom gave me a book called Family Traditions, and a partially finished Advent Tree. She had already done most of the work, so I just did a little sewing, and tadaa! The Advent Christmas Tree was ready Every night after our devotions the girls add another ornament to the tree representing one thing about our Savior. There's a picture of the shepherd's staff to remind us that the Lord is our shepherd, and of a dove to remind us that Jesus is the Prince of Peace. There's also the candle to remind us that Jesus is our light in the darkness of this world. You get the idea. We have really had a great time doing it, and the girls look forward to it every night. I was really proud of us, right up until Kylie's Sunday School teacher told me that Kylie said in Sunday School class last Sunday that Christmas was about Santa bringing us presents! How embarrassing! At least we're trying right?! Love you all, and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed us with these.

0 comments: