Friday, December 7, 2007

Hearing Evaluation

This morning I had my annual hearing evaluation. I have been having some problems with my ears, so I was anxious to hear what the doctor had to say. My hearing was the same as my last hearing evaluation, which is very good. So far since they diagnosed my initial hearing loss, my hearing has remained stable. They are still not sure what caused my hearing loss, though. I keep telling them it was all those years of marching band!! Just kidding, Dad! After a long visit at the office this morning, they have diagnosed me with TMJ. I didn't know what exactly that was, but apparently I have arthritis and grinding in my jaw joint that is causing pain in my ears. My allergies are also pretty bad right now which is causing pressure in my ears. They prescribed some new meds for my allergies, and gave me a list of things I can do to help my TMJ. Just like normal arthritis, it has not been a constant thing. When it does flair up though, I have ear pain and increased headaches. Stress apparently makes it worse. Oh well! According to the doctor, I probably have had this for some time, but it was just never diagnosed. Anyway, I was very excited to get a good report on my hearing evaluation, and at least my TMJ is nothing serious. Love you all, and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed us with these.

1 comments:

Cindy said...

Your almost 30 right? Hmmm Arthritis? hmmm. Makes sense to me.