Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Start of School, Court, and the Ladies Conference

We started school last week, and it has been going pretty smoothly. Keeping the boys occupied has proven to be a task, but most days we make it through to nap time. Caitlyn has sailed through her school work so far, also she does admit it is a little more difficult than last year. I would hope so, it's third grade work!! Kylie is really picking up the letters and sounds, and is definitely much improved since last year. Dawn is struggling a bit, but this is her first real encounter with "school". I think she'll get the hang of it. While we're talking about Dawn, she started therapy yesterday. The therapist, Holly, comes to our house, and is the same lady who supervises their visits with their dad. Dawn took awhile to warm up to talking with her, but she did eventually talk for a little while. Her biggest issue is her anger about the situation she's in, and how she acts out her anger on the other kids. Poor Kylie takes the brunt of it. There have been some improvements, but she still has a ways to go. Court went pretty well. The judge really laid it all out there for their dad and scolded him quite good, but then she also gave him six more months. The past week he has done well, but this is after six months of not doing anything. I'm not sure what to feel about any of it. All I know is God is in control, and we're open to whatever our purpose is in this situation, even if that means they go home and we've had a part in mending their family. All of it really hangs on what their dad decides to do. We've spent six months thinking that they were probably going to stay, and now it could go either way. The Lord knows! I can honestly say that we're okay with whatever the outcome is, but that doesn't mean that we aren't experiencing some heartbreak. I had a great time at the Ladies Conference I went to. It's always nice to get away and clear your head, and I needed it. I didn't really hear anything in any of the sermons that changed my life, but I was so glad I went. One lady, a preacher's wife, said in her lesson that sometimes we want what we want and sometimes that's a fantasy and not what God has for us. I don't want to waste my time yearning for a fantasy. I just want to be content with what God has for me. that quiet time away from home let me work through some feelings, and allowed me to come back refreshed and ready to tackle whatever God has for me. We are heading to Tennessee next Friday for my class reunion and to see my parents new house! We are all so excited! Mom and Dad were supposed to move in this weekend, but it got pushed back to next week. It looks like we'll be helping unpack! The kids can't wait to see Grandma and Poppy's new house! Love you all and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed us with these.

0 comments: