Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Reunion Trip






Well, we left last Friday morning early and trekked to Tennessee for my 10 year high school reunion. Mom and Dad had just moved into their new house the day before, so things were a bit crazy to say the least! The house was beautiful! I'm so happy for them, and can't wait to make it back for Christmas! It was a quick trip, but we enjoyed it. The reunion was nice, but it is always kind of awkward getting together with people you haven't seen in years. I had the privilege of spending most of the night with some really great people that I still got along really well with. It was nice to see how well some of them were doing. There are always those that never change though! We got to see my brother in the musical Guys and Dolls. He was fantastic! He played the character Harry the Horse, and when he first came onto stage I didn't even realize it was him. He shaved for the part (first time in 10 years I've seen him clean shaven!) and his accent was flawless. He was a perfect old-timey New York gangster. My camera battery went dead, so the pictures above were the only ones we got. :( Caitlyn went with us, and she really enjoyed it too. Caitlyn's favorite character was Adelaide. She loved all the singing and dancing. My grandparents came down from Clarksville to visit on Sunday, and that was such a blessing! We made it safely home, but I have to admit that I'm suffering from a case of homesickness. Christmas isn't too far away though! My sister made us all goody bags for the trip home, and that made the kids happier for sure! Well, I'm going to go enjoy some quiet time, before all the little natives wake up. We have soccer practice tonight, violin lessons tomorrow, and a soccer game Saturday morning. It never ends around here! :) I'll try to load some more videos soon. Love you all, and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed us with these.

0 comments: