Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Spider-John



It has been a long day, and it's only 3:00! Jeremy is on a business trip to Parkersburg, WV, and will be back tomorrow night, but we are all having "Daddy Withdraw"! I just went to check on the boys and make sure they were asleep, and I couldn't help but take the two pictures above. John David is obsessed with Spiderman right now, and I just bought him a new Spiderman suit this morning. He refuses to take it off, even the mask. I have a feeling, he will be wearing it to church tomorrow night! You can't really see good on the pictures, but he is sound asleep in his bed with his Spiderman suit still on. At lunch today, he almost wouldn't even take the mask off to eat, till he realized he couldn't get food in his mouth! :) All we hear all day long, is "I'm Spiderman, you be the Green Goblin!" Or, "I'm going to use my web on you!" Luckily, Jeremy usually takes on the Green Goblin role, but since he's been gone, we all know who's been playing the part. A couple times, John has even gone as far as asking us to not call him John, but "please Mommy, my name is Spiderman." I'm hoping his Spider Fever will wear off soon, or at least simmer down a bit. I have to admit, though, that it does make me laugh. On another topic, we had an escape happen yesterday. I had gotten the bird cage down Sunday night and forgot to put it back up before I went to bed. Corey was the first one up the next morning. I was awakened by him and his "I did something very bad" look. All I heard was him say something about the bird, and I went tearing out to the kitchen. He had let the bird out of the cage! She is a tiny little thing and very hard to catch. It took awhile, but I did eventually get her back into her cage. Well, I am going to go and enjoy my last few minutes of quiet before the natives awake! :) Love you all and thank you to God Almighty who has for now blessed us with these.

0 comments: